人生中有太多的“不说你不知”。这个系列，我们挖掘，我们发现，与你分享有关《郑和的后代》剧本背后的创作故事，郭宝崑的生平事迹，及有关航海家郑和的有趣小发现！请锁定我们的网址 www.eunuchadmiral.com ，为你每日更新讯息，一说你便知！
Presenting to you our fascinating new series – OIC! Every few days, we’ll be sharing exciting stories related to Descendants of the Eunuch Admiral, theatre playwright Kuo Pao Kun and the grand historic explorer, Zheng He.
1) 《郑和的后代》首演是以英语创作的版本所呈献的。The inaugural performance of Descendants of the Eunuch Admiral was presented in English!
In June 1995, TheatreWorks (Singapore) produced the inaugural performance at the Victoria Theatre in its original language, English. In August, playwright Kuo Pao Kun produced it in Mandarin at the same location.
2) 剧作家郭宝崑原来也是一位外来移民！Playwright KUO PAO KUN was an immigrant too!
Kuo Pao Kun was born in He Bei Province, Northern China 1939 and migrated to Singapore in 1949. In 1950s, he moved to Hong Kong and Australia to study before deciding to return to Singapore in 1965.
3) 郑和原来是回族人! Zheng He was a Muslim.
Born in Kunming, Yunnan, Zheng He’s ancestors were of Arabian nobility.
4) 《郑和的后代》的剧本保留了很多创作空间。The script, Descendants of the Eunuch Admiral, is written in a way that provides abundant room for creativity.
《郑和的后代》（实践剧场，2003年，郭宝崑节） Descendants of the Eunuch Admiral by The Theatre Practice, Kuo Pao Kun Festival 2003
Playwright Kuo Pao Kun adopted an open-ended concept and intentionally kept many components of the script incomplete, including time frame, character history and background setting. This allowed future directors and actors to recreate a myriad of possibilities while anchoring the creative process around the script.
5) 剧作家郭宝崑曾在未经审判被关押多过4年！Playwright Kuo Pao Kun was detained without trial under the Internal Security Act for more than 4 years.
During the political sensitive years of Singapore, Kuo Pao Kun was detained for 4 years and 7 months without trial and when he was finally released in 1980, he lost his citizenship.
接下来，请锁定我们的网址 www.eunuchadmiral.com ，为你每日更新讯息，一说你便知！
Visit www.eunuchadmiral.com as we amaze you with interesting facts everyday bound to make you go, “OIC!”