Olive Tree Restaurant

By , June 24, 2011 10:03 am

I’ll admit this meal I had was quite a while back. Dan and I were at Bugis and decided to eat here because it was quieter in comparison to the rest of Bugis – have you been there on a weekend?? Anyhow, I prepared the pictures for uploading and then…. had other stuff to eat that were better so those got to cut the blog queue. It’s been a few days of eating at the same restaurants I’ve blogged about before(creature of habit I am) and of packed dinners (economical rice rocks) so I was wondering what eats to share. Then I saw these pictures and my mouth could almost taste the food – must be good to have remained so fresh in my mind, so here’s sharing :

IMG_5655

When I saw this picture, I was reminded about how we were trying not to finish the buns before our food arrived. Warm and toasty buns with nice dips are so hard to resist, especially when you’re hungry and your main course takes some time to arrive. Maybe mediterranean restaurants have to stay true to their theme of being relaxed and unhurried – even for drinks and (baby)cutlery =p It could also be that sitting at a table with a screaming fussy child makes you hope that your food arrives quickly so you can eat and disappear.

Then the appetizer arrived – Dan ordered a chicken tikka :

IMG_5657

Doesn’t look like much right? But every piece of chicken was well marinated and tasted tender, juicy and flavorful! The pita bread on the side was warm, fluffy and chewy. We weren’t so antsy once this dish came. Not sure if it’s cos it was so good, or cos we were hungry. Or cos our helper brought our screaming baby for a walk outside so we could chill and eat.

IMG_5661

Then my main course arrived and all was forgiven. This is one REALLY good Barramundi. It’s a generous portion of tender, salted just right and pan fried just right barrumundi, on a bed of soft mashed and crunchy greens.

IMG_5659

Dan was all silent when he ate his lamb(sorry, Dan told me it’s not lamb!) pork chop with mint sauce, sauteed asparagus and poached pear/peach (sorry – I can’t remember as well what I didn’t eat and I’m not so good at identifying cooked fruit. )… Suffices to say he really enjoyed it because I could see that he was savouring every bite.

We also ordered a pizza but that doesn’t warrant photo space because it tasted a little like frozen pizza but better. ie: not woodfired pizza which is the only type I really like =p If I don’t remember wrongly, main courses are about 28++ – the regular hotel restaurant type price….

It was a really nice evening after that – baby came back happy(cos she got to go ‘walk walk’), and parents satisfied with dinner. It’s all about finding something for everybody, right? =)

I hear this place is good for buffets and desserts as well. Let me know if you try it!

129 Responses to “Olive Tree Restaurant”

1. Those who come to read your article will find lots of helpful and informative tips

2. New Year Packages Near Delhi….Book now…
    visit: New Year Packages Near delhi

3. Alison Daewon says:

Chatted with a companion on the night. The staff were great and mindful to our necessities. Menu was a great assortment including haggis! … my companion who is Scottish cherished this in particular. ordercollegepapers.com Extraordinary place, awesome staff.

4. James Cameron says:

I saying these photos and my mouth could Master Paper Writers practically taste the food – must stare have remain so crisp in my brain.

5. I appreciate this work amazing post for us I like it.

6. only professional writers can make this kind of material, cheers

7. by visiting this site I found cool stuff here keep it up.

8. I’m really impressed with your article, such great & usefull knowledge you mentioned here

9. Things are very open and intensely clear explanation of issues. was truly information. Your website is very beneficial.

10. The food looks very yummy, i think i will be trying out that recipe. I would also think of visiting your joint for a better treat. I really love what i see. Kindly share more recipes, we need our kitchen smelling good.

11. It is a well-maintained site where people can learn about various topics. I am looking forward to read more blogs from here. Students finding it tough to write an assignment can try our online assignment help and can get their coursework written by assignment experts. https://www.allassignmenthelp.com

12. well, i love you informative blog, i know its a well minded site here people can increase their knowledge and learn new things great carry on nice one.

13. nikky says:

Maharashtra board will publish the ssc result 2017 soon.

14. nikky says:

check your mah hsc results 2017 at official website.

15. http://www.allassignmenthelp.co.uk is the right place for you to get your written if you are unable to write your college assignment. So, opt for our online assignment help and get a well-written coursework from us.

16. nikky says:

Click here to get karnataka sslc result 2017.

17. these seems to be very yummy and colorful

18. Microsoft technical error resolve by microsoft help number through toll-free customer support number+1-800-805-7863.

19. This is a stage where you can contract such essayists to compose the coursework. They have reasonable learning of coursework composing as producing scholarly errands is the piece of their day by day schedule.

20. Check latest Income Tax Slab rates. Know Tax Slabs for Individuals, NRI, HUF, Artificial Judicial Persons,Domestic & Foreign Companies.

21. Click here to Check IBPS PO Question Paper Pattern, PO Syllabus and other IBPS PO Preparation 2017 such as Previous year question papers with solutions.

22. Microsoft support number +1-800-826-8068 remove your all technical issues, with my expert.

23. Mollie Grant says:

Wow! I just want to taste these items. I am very fond of chicken and after seeing this photos my mouth is completely filled with water.

24. Review for Olive tree restaurant is best service providers environment of hotel is too good also food is very delicious. Best place for students or college where they get together or enjoy the moment