It is the 7th edition of the Singapore Restaurant Week, happening from 7 to 13 October, 2013. I was honored to be exclusively hosted by American Express, the presenting partner of this event, to do a food review of B@Rochester’s specialty cuisine.
Over dinner at B@Rochester on a Monday evening, I met and spoke with Sheena Yu, Head – Public Affairs & Communications ASEAN, American Express International Inc.
We sampled a full course dinner from their special Singapore Restaurant Week menu:
- Fusion sashimi salad for starter
- Separate order of salmon, swordfish and tuna sashimi
- Fish main
- Close-up of the fish
- Separate order of grilled salmon fish head for sharing
Over dinner, we chatted casually over our respectively love for good food, with Sheena candidly sharing on her diverse culinary adventures, having lived and worked in three countries – Singapore, Hong Kong and Japan.
American Express have always branded themselves strongly for culinary privileges. I still remember working on some of their creative material on dining deals during my first job as a graphic designer at OgilvyOne Worldwide Singapore – this was some eight years ago!
Speaking to Sheena, I learnt of the other exciting dining initiatives American Express extends to its cardmembers. These include:
1. The Far Card which offers outstanding year-round dining privileges of up to 50% at all participating restaurants and special dining offers at selected restaurants.
2. Palate with more than 50 of the finest restaurants and bars island wide offering savings of up to 50%.
3. SELECTS® for a yearlong selection of dining privileges.
More details are available on the respective links.